All photography provided by Marie Hickey
"Evidence suggests that, in addition to regular nursing care, continuous one-to-one emotional support is associated with improved outcomes for women in labor." - American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Doulas offer nonjudgemental support and guidance, as you prepare for your upcoming birth. It can be challenging to navigate the pregnancy and birth journey, while adjusting to the many changes you may be experiencing. We assist you by holding space for possibilities, clarifying your vision for your birth and accessing the care/support you seek.
As birth doulas, we aim to provide the following services, upon request and as time permits:
- Prenatal meetings to get to know each other and discuss how we can best work together.
- Birth preferences consultation.
- Refresher of childbirth education and/or HypnoBirthing techniques.
- Physical, emotional and informational support during your pregnancy and birthing process.
- Assistance in making informed decisions throughout the labor.
- Postpartum support immediately following the birth.
- Documentation of birth.
- Placenta preparation coordination with Brooklyn Placenta Services.
- Postpartum visit to close out and share birth story.